[Scons-users] Check if a file was deleted.

Leandro Moreno leandro.moreno at tallertechnologies.com
Thu Nov 21 14:25:19 EST 2013

Hello everybody.

I have a problem trying to delete a file. Let me explain to you the
situation.

I have a plug-in for gcc. This tool (namecheck) checks name's convention.
So, to check a file, I should compile It. But, the compiled file is not
important for the builder, so, when the builder ends, I want to delete the
object files generated by the compiler. I use de Delete() from
SCons.Defaults.
When my builder ends, I take every .cpp file, and I replace that extention
for '.o'. But in some cases the compiler does not generate a '.o' file, It
generates a '.os' file. So, my function doesn't work.
I want to develop a better function to do it, but, the problem is that
Delete doesn't have a return code to know if the file was deleted or not.

Is there a better way to do this? Or, what can I do to do this?

Thanks!

<http://www.tallertechnologies.com>
Leandro Moreno
Intern Engineer

San Lorenzo 47, 3rd Floor, Office 5
Córdoba, Argentina

Phone: +54 351 4217888 / +54 351 4218211
Skype: letossgm