[Scons-users] Implicit cache error after running a successful build

Dirk Bächle tshortik at gmx.de
Tue Nov 5 12:48:45 EST 2013

Matias,

On 05.11.2013 14:34, Matias Iturburu wrote:

> [...]

> Wow. Well thank you very much for the insight.

> We were certainly feeling the smell.

> Before I read this I made a proof of concept Tool for astyle you can

> see it here

> <https://bitbucket.org/fudepan/fudepan-build/src/de85887ecaf0098e2eea9c34542ff1ac0e01b471/site_scons/site_tools/astyle/__init__.py?at=issue195>.

> That made me notice the point you are making about having dirs as targets.

> I don't really understand why is a bad idea the thing about "run

> always tasks". It would really help if you elaborate.

with "run always tasks" I mean steps like "style checking" source files
or "running tests" for executables, where you don't have any physical
target file as output, or target and source are the same filename.
This always leads to trouble when trying to define the dependencies that
SCons needs to work properly.

Regards,