[Scons-users] Dependencies, preprocessed header files, et al

Dirk Bächle tshortik at gmx.de
Wed May 29 14:13:02 EDT 2013

Hi Mark,

On 29.05.2013 15:39, Mark Holloway wrote:

> In the C solution I have, almost the entirety of the source code and

> header files are preprocessed with an obfuscator before they are

> compiled (at least in certain variant builds).

> The previous build approach is imperative so performs this step first

> and then performs the rest of the build pretty much as before, but now

> pointing at the directory in which the obfuscated source lives.

> Effectively header paths and source paths are remapped to the new

> location.

> Now I'm moving to SCons I'd like to have a SConscript sub build file

> which can be used either on the original unobfuscated source or on the

> obfuscated source preferably such that it doesn't need to know if it's

> compiling and just the thing that drives it knows any better.

did you have a look at the Repository function yet (chap 21.1 in the
UserGuide)? It should allow you to setup a source folder "src", where
the C files are either mapped from a different "obfuscated" folder or
another directory with all the "original" sources.

Just as a first pointer...if you need more support or still have
questions, don't stop asking. ;)