[Scons-users] Problem with DLL dependencies on Windows

Dmitry Mikhin dmitry.mikhin at gmail.com
Sat May 25 08:57:31 EDT 2013

Hello Dirk,

I confirm that the second of these approaches indeed works (not only
in the little test project, but in the main, large-scale case):

> 2.) or, you allow the library finder to search for .DLL files as well, by

> adding

> env.Append(LIBPREFIXES = ['$SHLIBPREFIX'])

> env.Append(LIBSUFFIXES = ['$SHLIBSUFFIX'])

> while constructing the main Environment in your top-level SConstruct.

The first approach would obviously work as well, but it is too manual,
which is precisely what we're trying to avoid (and also more verbose).

The remaining question now is: whether the suggested behavior shall be
the default?

Many thanks for looking into the problem.
Dmitry