[Scons-users] linker command under windows not working (too long)

Brady Johnson bradyallenjohnson at gmail.com
Sat Mar 30 14:07:42 EDT 2013

You can use response files, (supported by both gcc and msvc) which allows
you to list several object files, etc in a file, then refer to that file on
the command line prepending it with the '@' symbol. Here is a
question/answer on Stack Overflow that addresses this:
http://stackoverflow.com/q/15242177/1158895

Notice, though that SCons wont read what's in the response file, so
dependency checking wont work as expected. I addressed this in my answer to
the Stack Overflow question.

Hope that helps,

Brady