[Scons-users] changing the build directory

Sean Ochoa sean.m.ochoa at gmail.com
Mon Mar 11 11:19:55 EDT 2013

Hey guys. Thanks for this direction. Dirk's advice seems to have resolved
my issue.

See the github repository for the full source tree.
https://github.com/seanochoa/IeiuniumTela/tree/develop

I've also added an empty build directory to the repo for completeness.

I find it interesteding that:

a. SCons' version of Glob isn't recursive, in the context of this build
tool for discovering source. I would expect that a recursive discovery
option is preferred. :(
b. I _need_ to put the scons file in the same directory as the source file
(which is annoying).
c. Print statements apparently work, but sys.stdout.write doesn't (from
the python module).

On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 7:08 AM, Evan Driscoll <driscoll at cs.wisc.edu> wrote:

> On 03/11/2013 03:13 AM, Dirk Bächle wrote:

> > 2.) use Glob within your SConscript to find all source files like this

> > |Program(target = 'main.bin', source = Glob('*.cpp'))|

> > This will, in contrast to your approach, also find files that don't

> > exist yet (because they get created during the build itself).

> However, it won't find files in subdirectories. Again, SCons's Glob's

> lack of a recursive option rears its head.

> (I could be wrong, but my guess is that's why os.walk was being used in

> the first place instead of just os.listdir or something.)

> Evan

Sean | (206) 962-7954