[Scons-users] package creating / build process organization

Philipp Kraus philipp.kraus at flashpixx.de
Sun Jun 23 09:52:52 EDT 2013

Hello,

I would like to build with SCons a package for my software. I need a
Zip, on Windows a MSI, OSX should a pkg or dmg nice and Linux a deb &
rpm.
OSX & Windows should be store the depend libraries within the package,
also the Zip. SCons supports a Zip builder and for my other
packages I would like to create a generell package builder.
If I call in SCons the env.Program command I put the dependend libs in
the LIB flag but on different build environments there are some
other libs which must be stored in the packages (eg on MinGW pthreads, etc).

In which way would you organize this full build process? I would like
to use Jenkins for create in a full automatic way the packages.
In my case I would create my env with the correct options, than I call
a InstallAll builder from the resulting target of the env.Program call,
which collects all depend libraries on the compiler definition, copy
all data into a diretory and creates from this files my package.
In a short view this steps

env.Program => env.CollectAll => Copy => Package (Zip / MSI / ....)

Is this a good choice ?

Phil