[Scons-users] check target must be build / is up-to-date

Philipp Kraus philipp.kraus at flashpixx.de
Thu Jun 20 19:14:10 EDT 2013

Sorry, a little more detail:

My problem is that I use in my two builders (extract & download) something like this:

x = env.Download(....)
env.Extract("extractdir", x)

but if the download target x is up-to-date, the builder does not create any file, because it is nothing to do, so
the extract builder fails, because no file exists, so I need a check like

x = env.Download(..)
if fileexists(x) :
env.Extract(x)

on the else part everything is fine, so there is nothing to do. I have tested my download builder with the call, that
if all is up-to-date the emitter returns a None type, but IMHO this is a bad style.
I need a tip to do a correct result of the builder, if the target exists physical and only than I can call the extract builder.
The problem is the difference between physical file and URL. The problem exists only if I use the download builder
in a depend build structure

Thanks

Phil