[Scons-users] Treating all files as out of date

Remko Tronçon remko at el-tramo.be
Thu Jul 11 13:13:24 EDT 2013

Hi Dirk,

On 10 July 2013 00:06, Dirk Bächle <tshortik at gmx.de> wrote:

> If you'd simply need this for a single project or once in a while, another

> option would be a custom Decider (see 6.1.4 in the UserGuide) which always

> returns True.

Although this seemed to work on first sight, it seems to still not
rebuild some types of files.
For example, the following sconsctruct:

env = Environment()
env.Tool("textfile")
env.Decider(lambda x, y, z: True)
env.Textfile("Bar", ["Bar"])
env.Program("Foo", ["Foo.c"])

I would expect that each 'scons' invocation regenerates both "Foo" and
"Bar" all the time. For "Foo", this works, but "Bar" is never
regenerated. Any reasons? I'm guessing it's related to the source
nodes not being Files but Values, but if so, is it intentional that
the Decider does not apply to these nodes?

thanks!
Remko