[Scons-users] Treating all files as out of date

Dirk Bächle tshortik at gmx.de
Tue Jul 9 18:06:24 EDT 2013

Remo,

On 09.07.2013 22:58, Remko Tronçon wrote:

> On 9 July 2013 20:44, Remko Tronçon <remko at el-tramo.be> wrote:

>> Is there another way of achieving what I want?

> FYI, what I currently have is a patch that adds a make-compatible '-B'

> option to always build files.

> However, I don't like keeping a patched SCons, and I don't know if

> there's interest in having this change upstream, so I'll be glad to

> hear of a better way.

thanks for the follow-up, it makes a lot clearer what you're trying to
accomplish. If you'd simply need this for a single project or once in a
while, another option would be a custom Decider (see 6.1.4 in the
UserGuide) which always returns True.
I'm not really convinced by the "-B" approach yet, can you give an
example of a situation where you would call "scons -B" instead of a
simple "scons" with the standard MD5 Decider?

Regards,