[Scons-users] LaTeX documentation

Managan, Rob managan1 at llnl.gov
Thu Jan 31 11:29:32 EST 2013

Hi Carnë,

The support is built in as you say. The manual just treats latex as one
other type of thing you can build. The DVI and PDF builders can take latex
files as input. The DVI builder uses latex (then you can use the PDF
builder on the output of the DVI builderŠ), the PDF builder uses pdflatex.
There are several file name extensions that are supported. Obviously .tex,
but .ltx and .latex force use of latex or pdflatex.

If you have one main latex file then you can use something like this for
your SConstruct:

env = Environment()
env.PDF(Glob('Figures/*.eps'))
env.PDF('PhysicsManual.tex')

In this case PhysicsManual.tex is actually a short file that uses \input
for each chapterŠ

The second line is to convert any eps figures into pdf form since the PDF
builder uses pdflatex which does not accept eps figures. You probably
don't need that line.

To give more help we would need more details, such as what system are you
on, what is your file structure, what special packages do you useŠ

Hope this helps.

Rob Managan email managan at llnl.gov
LLNL phone: 925-423-0903
P.O. Box 808, L-095 FAX: 925-422-3389