[Scons-users] Generating visual studio 2012 project files

Dan Pidcock dan.pidcock at googlemail.com
Thu Jan 24 16:45:13 EST 2013

When I run Scons with compiler=vc11, visual studio 2012 will open them
but complains that they are visual studio 2010 projects and should be
upgraded.

A diff on the upgraded project file showed they had added
<PlatformToolset>v110</PlatformToolset> to PropertyGroup Condition, so
I modified msvs.py V10DSPPropertyGroupCondition to add that line.

That works fine but is it the correct way to do it? I expected scons
to work out of the box on VS 11 (2012) as
https://bitbucket.org/scons/scons/pull-request/19/visual-studio-11-support/
has been created. I did check
http://www.scons.org/wiki/PlatformSpecificNotes#Visual_C.2B-.2B- but
couldn’t see anything there.