[Scons-users] style guide cheker

Evan Driscoll driscoll at cs.wisc.edu
Thu Jan 3 14:55:27 EST 2013

On 01/03/2013 01:21 PM, William Deegan wrote:

> Phil,

> Not sure how this is a response to my response.

> If you have a builder which does anything terribly significant, you'll

> find that due to python's GiL, you'll process you build much faster by

> moving the logic outside of SCons.

> So a standalone script vs a big script inside a python builder in SCons.

And of course, if you make it separate from SCons, it becomes more
broadly useful -- not everyone is using SCons (sadly).

Just because you have a separate tool doesn't mean that you can't
integrate it into SCons nicely enough. The SCons folks didn't say "we
want to compile stuff, let's implement a compiler in SCons". :-)

Evan