[Scons-users] Creating a zip file from multiple sources with a common root

Dennis Cappendijk dennis.cappendijk at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 17:55:28 EST 2013

Hi all,

I've been trying (and failing) the following:

I have 2 directories: (where winxx between brackets can be either win32 or
win64 and the tests, a, b etc are subfolders of win32(or win64)

C:/somedir/dir_a/[win32, win64]/[tests, documentation, a, b]

D:/projects/project_a/api/[win32, win64]/[tests, a, b, c]

Running sconstruct from: D:/projects/project_a

Now I (somehow) want to end up with a zip with the structure:

something.zip --> win32/[tests, documentation, a, b, c]

Instead I get:

something.zip --> somedir/dir_a/win32/[tests, documentation, a, b]
|->api/win32/[tests, a, b, c]

So, not properly rooted.
Now the win32 (or64) is actually created in the same sconstruct and as such
is already a target.

I tried:

- Copying the win32 folder + content over from the C:/... to the D:/.. but
because the win32 content + matching folders were already created before,
it won't copy again.
- The env.Zip as described above.
- Using a variety of env.Command mixes and builders but all to no avail
(high chance this is because of my scons/python inexperience so don't count
it out as a solution to the problem.

Lastely, inversing the copy (from D:/.. to C:/..) is unfortunately not an
option

Thanks in advance!