[Scons-users] msvc and "could not detect xgettext"

Philipp Kraus philipp.kraus at flashpixx.de
Sun Feb 24 17:35:50 EST 2013

Hello,

I have installed Scons 2.2.0 under Windows. I create the Environment object with Environment() and Environment(tools=[]) and I would use the MSVC_VERSION item of the env object.
On tools=[] thsi flag isn't exists, but if I remove the tools option I get "could not detect xgettext", also if I run env.Tool("default").
Can I use the Environment() call, so that my env object get the default settings without throwing the xgettext error?
Gettext is a unix tool, why tries scons to detect it on windows, because why throws Scons this exception and eg not "javac not found" (if javac is not installed) ?

Thanks

Phil