[Scons-users] how can I assign the name of .def file in a project?

Dirk Bächle tshortik at gmx.de
Mon Feb 18 12:54:31 EST 2013

Hi,

On 18.02.2013 17:29, prife wrote:

> Hi, I want to build an dll with some functions exported, so I want to

> use an DEF file to do this work. how can I assign the name of .def

> file in a project in SCons?

> I got the following variables in SCons's user guide.

> WINDOWSDEFPREFIX

> The prefix used for Windows .def file names.

> WINDOWSDEFSUFFIX

> The suffix used for Windows .def file names.

please don't change these variables. If your DEF file follows the usual
naming conventions, for example it is named 'mytest.def', you should be
able to simply add the DEF file to your list of sources:

env = Environment()
env.SharedLibrary('mytest', Glob('*.cpp') + ['mytest.def'])

SCons detects that you added a DEF file (based on the .def suffix of the
file) and should then do the rest automatically.