[Scons-users] Error while refreshing build settings

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Wed Feb 13 03:43:38 EST 2013

On Tue, 2013-02-12 at 16:24 -0500, Michael Potter wrote:
[…]

I am not sure exactly what is wrong per se, but I spot a few things that look a bit "suspicious".

> My SConstruct file looks like this:

> VariantDir('build', '.')

I think this is not a good move I think it is better to have perr
directories for destination and source rather than try to have the
destination part of the source. Perhaps put all the source in a
directory src and have:

VariantDir('build', 'src')

> SConscript('build/src/SConscript')

I would replace this with:

SConscript('src/SConscript')

given the above change

> env = Environment(CPPPATH = ['.', '..', '/usr/include'])

Using '.' and '..' probably don't do what you think they do ;-) Perhaps
try:

env = Environment()
env.Append(CPPPATH='#')

/usr/include and . should always be on the CPPPATH I believe and '#' is
the way of specifying the project level. But of course this will likely
need to be different given tha above proposals.

> env.Program('dumpstatus', ['dumpstatus.c', 'logger.c'])

If you try any of this it would be good to hear what the outcomes were.

I hope this helps.

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder t: +44 20 7585 2200 voip: sip:russel.winder at ekiga.net