[Scons-users] Scons using msys/mingw.

Jos De Laender jos at de-laender.be
Sat Feb 9 16:45:41 EST 2013

Gents,

I have a fairly common problem. Nevertheless I don't succeed finding a
successful path ...

The project is a linux project that is replicated in msys/mingw.

There are some issues with the default compiler, but those I can manage
with a little help of google.

The real issue is though that I have install paths and alike that should
be expressed in msys separators ('/') even though the os specific one is
'\'.
There I go nuts ...
It appeared to me that building python on msys would be the way to go,
but much to my surprise that seems far from straightforward ..
(and no thanks, I don't want to pull in cygwin :)).

Someone got this issue before ? So I'm looking for two potential
resolutions :
- Setting the separator, independently ...
or
- Building python under msys (assuming that then it will behave like a
linux one ...)

Thanks for all suggestions.

--
Jos De Laender