[Scons-users] debug info (*.pdb) and manifest question

Francis Bolduc fbolduc at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 17:41:48 EST 2013

I'd like to know as well how other people do it.

I'm currently doing lots of custom code to support parallel (-j)
builds with PDB as well as manifests with incremental linking. I have
to hijack the Program, SharedLibrary and StaticLibrary builder to do
that.

Now some of my developers want pre-compiled headers and this causes a
few glitches with the hack I did for parallel PDB support.

The Microsoft Visual C++ bits are, by far, the ugliest part of my
boilerplate SCons code. Supporting the other toolchains is so much
simpler.

--
Francis Bolduc, B.Sc.