[Scons-users] .C suffix for c files on POSIX

Carl Cerecke carl.cerecke at compacsort.com
Wed Dec 18 18:49:38 EST 2013

How can I tell scons that a .C suffix is for C files, not C++ files on Linux?

I've tried env.Append(CFILESUFFIX=['.C']) but it does not work - the
files are still recognised as C++.

I'm porting a large software project to Linux from Win. Some of the
code is *old* (DOS-era) and the filenames are all-caps. I suppose I
could just rename these files to their lower-case equivalents, but I'm
trying to minimise changes if possible - at least initially.

Cheers,
Carl.