[Scons-users] Available statistics

Dirk Bächle tshortik at gmx.de
Tue Aug 27 17:19:19 EDT 2013

Hi Tom,

On 27.08.2013 11:38, Tom Tanner (BLOOMBERG/ LONDON) wrote:

> Is there any way (easy would be nice but I'll take complex) of getting information about

> 1) How many targets were up to date

> 2) How many targets were copied from cache

> 3) How many targets had to be built and couldn't be copied from cache

> After a build?

I don't know of any place within SCons that would collect such
information. All I could find so far is:

1.) Tracing mode (activated with the --taskmastertrace=... option, very
verbose!), and
2.) StatsNode output, which gets activated by

import SCons.Taskmaster
SCons.Taskmaster.CollectStats = True

in your SConstruct (very verbose, too!).

Don't know if this is of any help to you...but I fear it's all we got
for now. ;)