[Scons-users] CPPDEFINES Unexpected Behavior

Dirk Bächle tshortik at gmx.de
Thu Apr 11 16:27:02 EDT 2013

Rob,

On 11.04.2013 21:35, Managan, Rob wrote:

> Dirk,

> I don't think it is quite that simple. I agree with you for these two

> cases:

> [...]

> However,

> env = Environment(CPPDEFINES={'def1':23, 'def2':None})

> env.AppendUnique(CPPDEFINES=['def3=4'])

this is a contrived example indeed. I fail to see what would be the
expected output of a list appended to a dict. And what should happen in
the opposite case? Do we really want to support all these corner cases,
or wouldn't a note in the docs help, telling the user to stay consistent
and use all lists or all dicts only?