[Scons-users] How to handle MSVC when on 64 bit and TARGET_ARCH isn't specified

William Deegan bill at baddogconsulting.com
Tue Apr 9 20:00:46 EDT 2013

Greetings,

I'm working on a handful of MSVC bugs today.
One thing I'm not certain how to handle.

I"m on a 64 bit win 7 install.
I've installs MSVC2012 express.
This installs both 32 and 64 bit compilers.
The 64 bit is accessible via the x64 cross tools command prompt, which runs the initialization script with x86_amd64 as the target arch.

If the user hasn't specified TARGET_ARCH and has this toolset installed, should I try x86_amd64 before trying x86?