[Scons-users] SCons.Node.Python.Value on target_factory

Philipp Kraus philipp.kraus at flashpixx.de
Sun Apr 7 17:30:37 EDT 2013

Hi Bill,

I have added a Builder for Git & SVN support (builder source: https://github.com/flashpixx/Storage/blob/master/Scons/site_scons/site_tools/Repository.py and my example repo) and I add in the generate eg

env["BUILDERS"]["GitPull"] = SCons.Builder.Builder( action = SCons.Action.Action("${REPOSITORY['GIT']['PULL']}"), source_factory = SCons.Node.FS.Dir, single_source = True, PRINT_CMD_LINE_FUNC = __GitPullMessage )

If I add "target_factory = SCons.Node.Python.Value" I can call the builder with env.GitPull
but the action is not run. If I remove the target_factory option or change it to Dir / File (all except Python.Value),
the builder works well.
If I set the source_factory to Python.Value and the target_factory to eg Dir, everything works fine.

The code works at the moment fine, it is only a question to understand the different factories.

Thanks

Phil