[Scons-users] TDM Gcc detection

Mark Holloway hollowaymr at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 2 07:06:07 EDT 2013

Hi Bill,
A valid point about not wanting to import the path - this is actually one of the reasons I was so taken by scons, so I should have mentioned that my workaround was a hack. As it happens, I'm only building with gcc on windows to get the extra value of gcc warning levels - so for me it isn't for production purposes.
If I were doing that, is there anyway of providing the path to the tool finder (that's probably not the correct terminology) for, say mingw in this context, other than by adding it to the path? It'd be nice to avoid to polluting the path in situations where the tools are not in the standard locations.
Thanks for your help,Mark