[Scons-users] Print all known commands (without executing them)?

Dirk Bächle tshortik at gmx.de
Mon Sep 17 18:20:20 EDT 2012

On 17.09.2012 23:39, Johan Holmberg wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 10:25 PM, Dirk Bächle<tshortik at gmx.de> wrote:

>> [....]

>> Thanks for your answer, but I was looking for a way that would not

>> exercise the "build logic" in SCons (not even in "dry-run" mode).

But without this "build logic" SCons doesn't know which commands to
execute, since it allows to generate files during the build as well.

If you don't have dynamically generated files in your build and don't
want to let SCons figure things out for you (which takes some time
unfortunately), I wonder what your use case exactly is. Because
if you then record or list all commands that are executed for a clean
build, it will always look the same...you won't see any changes over
time right?

So how exactly could the "--no-execute-but-print-all-commands" feature
help you in this case?

Regards,

Dirk

P.S.: You probably found this already, but we have a small speedup
section called "GoFastButton" at

http://scons.org/wiki/GoFastButton

which might save you a few cycles for your builds in general. ;)