[Scons-users] Scons-users Digest, Vol 5, Issue 21

John Galbraith jgalb at lanl.gov
Mon Oct 29 12:00:06 EDT 2012

Bill, this is a good suggestion and one I had not thought of. It is not
quite as elegant a solution to my eye, but it still works fine and is
robust to crashes.

Also, it occured to me that true crashes are actually less frequent than
my own kill signals, sent because I want to change something before the
run finishes. In this case, I might be able to catch the interrupt
signal and shutdown gracefully. I have done this exact thing in C++, I
just have to figure it out for python. I think the hard part is that
you do not know in advance which thread gets the signal. Signal
handling and threading do not necessarily play nice, at least on Linux
which is the only platform I know.

I still could totally go for a env.flush() mechanism...

John