[Scons-users] dependency tracking across sub directories

Ram Bhamidipaty rambham at gmail.com
Sun Oct 21 19:49:35 EDT 2012

I have a source setup like this:

<root>
<root>SConstruct

<root>/lib1/lib1.c

<root>/bin1/bin1.c

The binary bin1 depends on the library lib1.

What is a good way to track this? I currently have SConscript files in
each sub directory. The problem I am running into is that the
SConscript file in the bin directory needs to depend on the library
Node object. But how I get that object into the SConscript file.

I suppose I could have the lib1/SConstript file return an object and
then that could be passed to the bin1/SConscript - but that seems
wrong - then the SConscript files themselves will have dependencies
(need to do lib/SConscript before bin/SConscript). Seems messy.

Is it better to have everything in the one SConscruct file?

Ideas?
-Ram