[Scons-users] blocking execution until compilation is done

edA-qa mort-ora-y eda-qa at disemia.com
Mon Oct 8 12:49:34 EDT 2012

But when I add a Depends to a target it requires that dependency to be
built if it is out-of-date. That is, it creates an actual dependency.

I have "check_b" which requires "prog_b". I don't wish the "check_b" to
run until all compilation is done then I do "env.Depends( check_b,
prog_a )". But what happens now is that if "prog_a" is outdated and I do
"scons check_b" it will proceed to build "prog_a". That's not what I
want. I only want to build "prog_a" if it is actually required.

I'm trying to create a fence which basically says all my build actions
have to occur prior to all my check actions. But there is no dependency
between all the check and build actions.

--
edA-qa mort-ora-y
Sign: Please digitally sign your emails.