[Scons-users] need assistance on 3rd-party scons file

William Johnston williamj at tenbase2.com
Mon Oct 8 10:55:15 EDT 2012

Hello,

I’ve made some progress. Albeit, not “consistent” progress.

I am NOT able to print the $TARGET or $SOURCE variables consistently.

Here is my python code:

def build(target, source, env):
for item in target:
print 'target: ' + str(item) + '\n'
for item in source:
print 'source: ' + str(item) + '\n'
return None

clone.Command(wrapper, swig_deps, [build, Mkdir(srcdir), swig_cmd])

However, the files are NOT printed when adding a previous debug statement:

print '\nswig_cmd = [' + swig_cmd + ']\n'

Even using the original code file, nothing is now printed from the build function?!?!

Does anyone know how to properly print the $TARGET and $SOURCE variables?

Thanks,
William Johnston