[Scons-users] Scons install under Msys / MinGW path problem

Gary Oberbrunner garyo at oberbrunner.com
Sat Oct 6 08:48:32 EDT 2012

On Sat, Oct 6, 2012 at 6:33 AM, Philipp Kraus <philipp.kraus at flashpixx.de>wrote:

> I can run only the scons.bat in MinGW Shell, it produce the error

> /c/opt/scons/2.2.0/msys/**Scripts/scons.bat: line 1: syntax error near

> unexpectedtoken `('

> /c/opt/scons/2.2.0/msys/**Scripts/scons.bat: line 1: `@REM Copyright (c)

> 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 The

> SCons Foundation'

> (same on Scons 2.1.0)

> a call "scons" on my source directory whitch stores the Sconstruct script

> does not work. The error message is, that the command scons not known.

> The Scons directory is added to my PATH environment variable, because I

> can call scons.bat

scons.bat is a bat script; use this if you are using cmd.exe as your shell.
scons (no extension) is a python script; use that if you are using a
Unix-like shell (cygwin, mingw, etc.) - it uses the Unix hash-bang
convention to get itself interpreted by python. From the above, it looks
like you are trying to use scons.bat from a Unix-like shell (note the error
is from a shell trying to parse a @REM statement, which is a cmd.exe thing).