[Scons-users] sh: o: command not found

Buchwalter Edward eeb at binary.com
Wed Oct 3 01:11:48 EDT 2012

Hello All,

I have used scons for quite some time now - nearly 4 years! However, I have run into a difficult problem - perhaps this group can help.

I have a "standard" build system using scons that has worked successfully on windows, OS-X, and Linux. However, I am trying to add a Centos 6.3 system to the mix. I am running Centos 6.3, python 2.6.6 and scons 2.2.0.

The problem that I am seeing is that some targets build fine, but others lose the "gcc" string and report the above error - "sh: o: command not found". Essentially, the compiler string is being cleared somehow. I have tried re-arranging things etc but no success. Very odd behavior.

Does anyone have any insight here?

Thanks in advance,

Ed Buchwalter
Binary Systems