[Scons-users] Feedback request: an AsciiDoc tool

Dirk Bächle tshortik at gmx.de
Thu Nov 29 10:48:39 EST 2012

Hi Marc,

On 29.11.2012 16:21, Marc Joliet wrote:

> [...]

>> 1.) Emitters vs. Clean

>> It's true that I use Clean() in the Docbook Builder, but only where I

>> have to. Whenever the list of targets can be constructed from the

>> sources and their dependencies, an Emitter should be used...and that's

>> what I do.

> I must be confused then, because "grep -i emitter __init__.py" doesn't return

> anything. Or do you mean in general?

I'm sorry for leaving you confused, my wording was a bit misleading I
guess. What I wanted to say was, that I simply rely on the standard
Emitters to do the right thing. That's why you don't find anything with
"grep"...

> [...]

> This is one of those things that confuses me. You say I need to (and the man

> page does, too), but SCons seems to do the right thing ("scons --tree=prune" is

> correct). In fact, using File() forces me to prepend the path of the node

> manually. Does it just accidentally work?

> I made the change, it's just confusing when something is not supposed to work

> and then in spite of that it seems to work, after all.

See

http://scons.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=1272&viewType=browseAll&dsMessageId=2679948

for what can go wrong. Instead of using the internal arg2nodes() method
as I suggested back then, I'd recommend using env.File() instead.

Regards,