[Scons-users] SConscript execution time information

Gary Oberbrunner garyo at oberbrunner.com
Wed Nov 28 07:56:39 EST 2012

The real problem with this question is that SCons builds a single global
dependency graph, and then executes whatever is required to bring that
graph up to date. Targets (nodes in that graph) may be defined in any
SConscript, the rules (builders) in a different one, and so on. So there
isn't really any sense in which measuring the time it takes to "finish" a
SConscript makes sense. It would be easy to measure how long it takes to
read each SConscript and add its nodes into the global dependency graph,
but that is usually very fast and not what's interesting to you I expect.

On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 6:46 AM, Nikola Radovanovic <
nikola.radovanovic at schneider-electric-dms.com> wrote:

> hi all,

> is it possible to obtain information how long did it take for one

> SConscript file to finish? i know there is: --debug=time but thats for

> complete build process.i have a SConstruct file which calls many SConscript

> files and i would like to check impact of each separate SConscript to build

> process. is it doable?

> best regards

> __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

> ****

> ** **

> *Nikola Radovanovic | **Schneider Electric DMS NS** | Smart Grid IT |

> SERBIA | CPASv2 team deputy*****

> *Phone:* +381 (0)21 488 3633* | Fax:* +381 (0)21 488 3789* | Mobile:* +381

> (0)64 29 74 528****

> *Email:* nikola.radovanovic at schneider-electric-dms.com* | Site: *

> www.schneider-electric-dms.com* | Address:* Narodnog fronta 25A-D, 21000

> Novi Sad****