[Scons-users] SConscript execution time information

Dirk Bächle tshortik at gmx.de
Wed Nov 28 07:25:04 EST 2012

Hi Nikola,

On 28.11.2012 12:46, Nikola Radovanovic wrote:

> hi all,

> is it possible to obtain information how long did it take for one

> SConscript file to finish? i know there is: --debug=time but thats for

> complete build process.i have a SConstruct file which calls many

> SConscript files and i would like to check impact of each separate

> SConscript to build process. is it doable?

I don't know of any simple solution that would give you all the single
times in one run. I'd probably call

scons module1
scons module2

for all the single subdirs with their SConscripts, and then measure the
time for each. Note, that this doesn't give you the exact total amount
of time for building moduleX, because you have always the time included
that is needed for reading and processing all (!) SConstruct/SConscript
files. But it should give you an impression about which modules take
longer or shorter to build, relative to each other.

Hope this helps you somehow.