[Scons-users] Feedback request: an AsciiDoc tool

Marc Joliet marcec at gmx.de
Tue Nov 27 15:17:39 EST 2012

Hi again, just a quick addendum.

Am Mon, 26 Nov 2012 09:02:23 +0100
schrieb Marc Joliet <marcec at gmx.de>:
[...]

> > Following my comments to your questions:

> For the record: I use SCons 2.2.0 with Python 2.7 on Gentoo Linux.

> > On 26.11.2012 01:12, Marc Joliet wrote:

> > > Hi all!

> > > [....]

> > > I do have some questions, though:

[...]

> > > 3.) When I pass skeys to the constructor of a recursive Scanner, why does it

> > > scan files with non-matching suffixes?

> > > [....]

> > I'll try to have a look at your current code tomorrow. Then I can

> > hopefully tell you more...if someone else is faster, all the better. ;)

> Thanks!

I forgot to mention that the current code does not pass skeys, but still uses a
scan_check function. I only tried it out and undid the change when it didn't
work. Just so nobody is surprised about that.

> > > 4.) Now a longer bit about emitters.

> > > [...]

> > Using an Emitter for your chain of build steps seems like the right

> > thing to me, and it should work. Again, I'll check out the sources... I

> > assume the error is still present in the current head revision?

> > Just remembering, the Doxygen Builder showed similar problems (like

> > reverse dependencies) at first. Later I found out that for the Emitter

> > or Scanner (not sure about this) the arguments target vs source were

> > swapped. Maybe you want to check that in the meantime...

> Nope, I *originally* used emitters, but moved everything to the pseudo-builders

> after I couldn't figure out what was going on (otherwise I wouldn't be able to

> use the tool in my own build systems). That's why I referred to the problematic

> behaviour in the past tense :) . I did link to a version of the file with the

> old code in it, though.

I just want to add here that your docbook tool also doesn't use emitters. In
fact, I was convinced to go the way I did by the fact that you also just used
Clean() in the pseudo-builders.

[...]

Regards
--