[Scons-users] build dependencies question(s)

William Deegan bill at baddogconsulting.com
Mon Nov 19 14:44:38 EST 2012

Nikola,
On Nov 19, 2012, at 8:01 AM, Nikola Radovanovic <nikola.radovanovic at schneider-electric-dms.com> wrote:

> i give up...im just to dumb for this scons....

> i will either create python script to build dll/so for omniORB idl-stub files and see what will happen

> or will try with WAF

> or maybe custom python build scripts.

> i cant solve this problem for almost 1 month :(

You should have asked earlier. Don't be stuck for a month without asking for help.
That's what we're here for!

> and i tought it will be MUCH easier. i wish i started creating custom python build system-will be done so far. maybe its impossible to achieve with scons what i want :( :( is it so hard to create dependencies between different envs?!

No. SCons doesn't care about the environment a file is from when creating the dependency tree.
Just make sure it's the source points at the right file, which is likely the target of another builder call.

-Bill

> devastated :(

> On 11/19/2012 11:48 AM, Dirk Bächle wrote:

>> Hi Nikola,

>>> 10x. tried that.