[Scons-users] build dependencies question(s)

Nikola Radovanovic nikola.radovanovic at schneider-electric-dms.com
Mon Nov 19 09:56:27 EST 2012

ok,i have some progress now: im able to build idls, install *.h to inc and *.cpp to src folders and delete *.cpp/*.h from idl folder.
problem with jobs was in my bad builder.

i have attached current code, can someone please check if im doing it ok? (i cut some redundant code for clearance).

next step for me is to compile the cpps. this is not going to be trivial, since on windows i have to do the following (in that particular order):
- after removing *.cpp and *.h form idl folder i need to compile all cpps to static library (but i need to use different ENV than one to build idls)
- call external python srcipt to dump exports into def file
- link def file and static objs to dll

i have alternative approach:
- create python script to build dll/so (already have proper makefiles) and call it from my scons builder. rest of the dependencies should be implicit

thanks in advance