[Scons-users] how to add a folder to be included in the build

Kumar, Ranjan ranjank at qti.qualcomm.com
Tue Nov 6 07:36:12 EST 2012

Hi Gary

Thanks a lot for the response.

Actually we have .scons file in the build directory for each module but I see that those files only specify which API(nodes) it wants to import or export and it is protected, restricted or public in scope.

I could find lots of .py files (python script files) in which I can see actual sconscript commands. These are in tools folder and in other folders as well.
But I am not able to identify which is the top level script and the subsidiary scripts. I think I have to modify the .py files actually. Not sure.

So I am not able to find out in which .py or .scon I should modify so that my folder which I have added gets included in the build.

Below is a kind of layout.

Abc
Abc1
Build
T1.scons
src
Abc2
Build
T2.scons
src
Xyz
Xyz1
Xyz2
Tools
Khkh
a.py
b.py

As I said in the .scons file , it specifies only what nodes it exports or imports.
There are a lot of .py files where I think the change is required to build my folder.

I think I have made it too complicated :)

Thanks & Regards
Ranjan