[Scons-users] Configuration CheckCXX & CheckCXXHeader & CheckLib fails under linux

Kraus Philipp philipp.kraus at flashpixx.de
Sat Jun 30 09:28:52 EDT 2012

Hi,

I use the Configure call for the env object and setup the CXX compiler to mpic++.
After that I test the compiler with

if not conf.CheckCXX() :
sys.exit(1)

On my OSX everything works fine, but on a Linux box with Gentoo 64Bit Linux
the check fails. mpic++ exists in the system path and the env gets the path values.

The scons command creates under .sconf_temp/ the script contest_0.cpp that can be build
manually with mpic++ but the Scons does not

Also the CheckCXXHeader and the CheckLib command with the option language="C++" fails also
Same build code under OSX works and finds the libraries and headers

Does anyone can help me to find the problem and solve it?

Phil