[Scons-users] Request for comment: configuration extension design

Damien damien at khubla.com
Fri Jun 29 12:12:45 EDT 2012

What you're describing is close to what we actually do. We overwrite
SCons' config for compilers, linkers and flags, and then put in the ones
we want into specific config files that tweak the whole environment. It
does something of a disservice to all the work that goes into SCons, but
we do debug, release and debugrelease builds in 32 & 64 bit across three
operating systems with two compilers per OS, using C++, C and Fortran
code and three sets of third-party binaries. It's the only way we can
make it work reliably. It was a lot of work to set up, but now it's
bulletproof.

We don't use custom Builders, and maybe we should, I like what you
propose there. I like the Abstract flags proposal too.

Damien