[Scons-users] Request for comment: configuration extension design

Evan Driscoll driscoll at cs.wisc.edu
Fri Jun 29 03:05:03 EDT 2012

This is a followup to an earlier discussion about extending the configure
context to make it easier to specify libraries and whatnot.

I decided that I should probably write up what I plan to do so that *I* know
what I'm doing, and I figured I'd circulate it in case anyone has any
comments/questions/complaints/etc. I'm writing it because *I* want it, but of
course it'd be great if other people find it useful as well.

I think I have at least some idea about how to do all of the implemenentation
things.

It's kind of long so I totally understand if you don't take a look. That's
also why I attached it.

Evan Driscoll