[Scons-users] Is a post-build function possible ?

TOM TANNER (BLOOMBERG/ LONDON) ttanner2 at bloomberg.net
Thu Jun 28 08:18:36 EDT 2012

This isn't really a worthwhile occupation. Predicting the order in which builds will happen. Given node A is dependant on nodes B, C, D (which we'll say are leaf nodes), why should scons decide to build B, C or D in any particular order? And why should that order be the same between different versions of python, or scons?

Not to mention if you have parallel builds, in which case it might process B, C and D at the same time. Or it might not, depending on what else it had to do.