[Scons-users] Unhelpful error messages when you use AllowSubstExceptions()

TOM TANNER (BLOOMBERG/ LONDON) ttanner2 at bloomberg.net
Wed Jun 27 05:51:56 EDT 2012

I've tried using this to make sure we don't have any lurking nastinesses from my translation from our old build system.

However, the error messages are not very helpful in helping to determine where the problem is.

You get this:
scons: *** NameError `name 'BDEFLAGS' is not defined' trying to evaluate `${BDEFLAGS}'

This tells me exactly what the problem is but it doesn't help me find where it is at all.

Is there anything that can be done to improve the error message. The full command it was trying to expand would be a major help, if nothing else.