[Scons-users] rebuilding

Evan Driscoll driscoll at cs.wisc.edu
Tue Jun 26 11:32:11 EDT 2012

On 06/26/2012 10:07 AM, TOM TANNER (BLOOMBERG/ LONDON) wrote:

> Ah, yes, that's the problem. I'll have a look at using RPATH - aix linker doesn't have an equivalent and you have to use -L to make the executable pick libraries up from the right place...

So I'm not an SCons dev, but my initial reaction is that either of the
following fixes seems reasonable:

- Change env["_LIBDIRFLAGS"] so that, for the Aix linker, it leaves in
$( $)

- Change env["RPATHPREFIX"] to be "-L" (by default, "-Wl,-rpath=")
and then use env["RPATH"] to add stuff.

The latter approach has the advantage that you can just use env["RPATH"]
across systems (well, any systems that behave like Linux and, after your
fix, Aix :-)) to set the runtime lookup paths, but has the disadvantage
that env["RPATH"] and env["LIBPATH"] now do the same thing.

Evan