[Scons-users] Seeking help getting scons up on windows with MinGW

Dmitry Mikhin dmitry.mikhin at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 21:29:06 EDT 2012

For what's worth:

For the last few days I had to use SCons under MSYS (which may or may
not fit your needs), and the typical invocation was

python /f/Python27/Scripts/scons.py blah blah blah

Python was in the PATH (/f/Python27).

There were very few significant changes necessary to my
SCons[truct|cripts]. I was porting from Linux and most of the job was
fixing path operations. Also some tools had to be initialized
explicitly (not the compilers but pdf, postscript, etc.)

Overall, I was impressed, although to be fair I was not building DLLs,
which is the next can of worms.

Best of luck,
Dmitry