[Scons-users] posix.py

TOM TANNER (BLOOMBERG/ LONDON) ttanner2 at bloomberg.net
Tue Jun 19 09:22:51 EDT 2012

I was looking at posix.py and have a question;

The Popen version of spawn mangles the command line and environment together in the same way that the version that calls system does. Wouldn't it be easier to use the env parameter to Popen? and pass [sh -c args], and not join them (similar to piped_fork_spawn)

I'm asking because I was trying to put something into the system to stop the command outputs getting mixed, and it relies on using the piped methods so I can pass stdout/stderr down, and the exec_piped_fork version appears to have a feature which results in it producing this:

close failed in file object destructor:
IOError: [Errno 9] Bad file descriptor.

every time it shells out.