[Scons-users] Builder to perform string substitution on source contents to produce a target file?

M Busche spammymatt94 at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 17 23:50:40 EDT 2012

QUESTION:

Is there was a standard builder for doing string-replacement processing between input and output files?

BACKGROUND:

I have written a builder that reads in a source file, performs a series global string substitutions on the file just read (as defined by a dictionary defined in the environment), and writes the result to the specified target file.  I use this during software packaging to replace the string pattern "__VERSION__" in each of my source files with the actual software version (which I pull out of my bzr source code control system).  I also use it to inject projectName, version, and output directory settings into a doxygen configuration file (which is subsequently used to produce software docs).  This seems useful enough that I thought it might already exist.

Thanks much!
Matt