[Scons-users] [scons-users] Support for Python 3?

Michael Schlenker msc at contact.de
Tue Jun 12 08:25:53 EDT 2012

Am 12.06.2012 04:15, schrieb Francis Bolduc:

>> As Number 5 said: "Input, input"

>> Philosophizing in the presence of little user data doesn't really make

>> any sense.

>> --

>> Russel.

> Are you considering having a poll, or shall we all spam with our

> actual setup/plans ?

> Where I work, we have 40+ users of SCons. We've standardized to Python

> 2.7 because of the backported 3.x goodies. If it was not for SCons, we

> would be on 3.x Python.

Similar here, the 2.7 version is nice, but we cannot make the leap to
3.x just yet, too many legacy stuff that would need to be ported first.

Around 30-40 users of SCons 2.1, currently running SCons with python
2.6, but 2.7 would be easily available on all platforms (AIX, Win, Linux).

Pure 3.x SCons even bundled with a runtime would kill most of the
special/custom builders we use though and would make us stay with an
older version for quite a while.

Michael

--
Michael Schlenker
Software Architect

CONTACT Software GmbH Tel.: +49 (421) 20153-80
Wiener Straße 1-3 Fax: +49 (421) 20153-41
28359 Bremen
http://www.contact.de/ E-Mail: msc at contact.de

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Bremen
Geschäftsführer: Karl Heinz Zachries, Ralf Holtgrefe
Eingetragen im Handelsregister des Amtsgerichts Bremen unter HRB 13215