[Scons-users] [Scons-dev] Default number of jobs

Kyle J Strand Kyle.Strand at beckman.com
Mon Jul 30 13:19:19 EDT 2012

I'm using SCons 2.1.0... have these bugs been fixed since that release, or
were they fixed prior to that?

Kyle Strand, Software Intern
Beckman Coulter, Inc., Life Sciences Division
4862 Innovation Drive, Fort Collins, Colorado, 80525
(970) 204-7036

scons-users-bounces at scons.org wrote on 07/30/2012 11:01:14 AM:

> Gary Oberbrunner <garyo at oberbrunner.com>

> Sent by: scons-users-bounces at scons.org

> 07/30/2012 11:01 AM

> Please respond to

> cc

> Subject

> Re: [Scons-users] [Scons-dev] Default number of jobs

> On Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 12:11 PM, Kyle J Strand

> <Kyle.Strand at beckman.com> wrote:

> > when using multiple jobs, Python sometimes crashes

> > (http://scons.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?

> dsForumId=1272&viewType=browseAll&dsMessageId=954632#messagefocus),

> > but I've never observed this with only a single job. So -j1 appears to

be

> > not only more consistent, but safer.

> There were a few bugs around that that have been fixed since that

> email. Not to say it's perfect now but recent versions should be a

> lot more reliable.

> --

> Gary

The server made the following annotations

This message contains information that may be privileged or confidential and is the property of Beckman Coulter, Inc. It is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy, disseminate, distribute or use this message or any part thereof. If you receive this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this message.